Monday, April 21, 2008

Your Last Prayer

Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers… Ephesians 1:15:16

Your Last Prayer

Reflect upon your last prayer a moment. Did you pray for those in dire need, those who are sick and weary, the poor and the down trodden, the addicted and the unsaved? Praise be to God – you did well. But what about the spiritually fit…Did you pray for them? I submit to you that they need your prayers as well?

Think about it. Who is satan most interested in attacking and bringing down? Your alcoholic brother-in-law who isn’t walking with the Lord or that person you know who is walking according to God’s will? Obviously satan is most interested in destroying the obedient Christian.

Stop Praying For the Needy

That is NOT what I am saying. Of course we should be bringing those requests before the Lord. However let us not fail to remember those who are doing well in God’s sight, for arguably, they are in a hazardous position. And how should we pray for them? The next verse from Ephesians informs us……

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him… Ephesians 1:15:16

Stop Praying For the NeedyI have reconsidered my response to the previous statement. While prayer is always a good course of action, it is not always a necessity. I remember hearing Matt Rindge speak once and he said, “My biggest fear in life is that I’ll be in a horrible car accident and Christians will come to help--instead of administering first aid, they’ll choose to pray over me as I bleed out.” (Paraphrase mine) Let us learn to trust in God’s provision in regards to the prayers we have already prayed.

Let trust in God be evident by our actions...

Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, When it is in the power of your hand to do so. Proverbs 3:27

COMPASSION dave

No comments: