Saturday, March 29, 2008

Suppose There Were Fifty Righteous

Suppose there were fifty righteous…would You also destroy the place and not spare it for the fifty righteous that were in it? So the Lord said, "If I find…fifty righteous…then I will spare all the place for their sakes." Genesis 18:24+26

The PlanThis verse was NOT the inspiration for my plan. Fact is, the Lord just led me to it today (and I pray He is not bothered by my paraphrase). The plan is not a new plan; you have likely read about it in an earlier thread. The truth be told, the plan is not really a plan at all, but rather a desire of my heart. In reality, there is only aspect of it that has any semblance of a plan…that I have determined to make God a part of it.

Or maybe its God’s plan and He’s going to make me a part of it…

May He send you help from the sanctuary, And strengthen you out of Zion…May He grant you according to your heart’s desire, And fulfill all your purpose. Psalm 20:2 + 4

50/50

I once heard somebody say that if you want to hear God laugh, just tell Him your plans. Having said that, I believe my proposal is in accordance with His will, otherwise, I wouldn’t keep jabbering on about it. What is it you say? I want to visit 50 churches in 50 weeks in order to share the message of COMPASSION .

I have reached out to the Lord and again I feel led to reach out to you. I while back I even reached out to Oprah Winfrey (and to you) with my Tell Oprah to put COMPASSION dave on her show campaign. I haven’t given up on Oprah. I would jump at the chance to speak to her TV audience about sponsoring children ~and~ to speak to her about Jesus the Christ.

What YOU Can Do

Now you can reach out for Oprah if you like, but it would be much more practical if your reached out for the pastor of your church. Simply ask your pastor, “Can we have a Compassion Sunday at our church?”

What If Pastor Says, “YES”

Let me know—I’ll be certain to get a ton of free information into his hands and to make all the arrangements. My hope and prayer is to be overwhelmed to the point where God must step in so that His power and might will be displayed—and of course, for His honor and praise.Want To Know More?Drop me a note, or reply to this message and I will be prompt in my response. Would you like to check out the children waiting to be sponsored right now? Then just click on the Compassion banner or my name.

COMPASSION dave

No comments: